Samsung just released another wonderful Smartphone, GT-N7000 Galaxy Note after its elder brother, Samsung Galaxy S II. It is said to be a handset that people are dreaming of. It's as thin as a Galaxy S II, lightning fast and its 5.3-inch HD Super AMOLED display is as gorgeous as it is enormous; the 1280 * 800 pixels you once could only get with a full-size laptop (or in the Galaxy Tab 10.1) can now slide comfortably into your front pocket. The HD Super AMLED display, 1280*800 pixels, and the Li-Ion 2500 mAh battery make it a wonderful movie player for DVD movies and other videos. But as you all know, it doesn’t have any inner or extra DVD drive for you to play movies directly from DVD. But it doesn’t matter. With a best DVD to Galaxy Note Converter, Foxreal DVD Ripper or Foxreal DVD Ripper for Mac, you can watch DVD movies on Galaxy Note without any problem.
The Windows DVD to Galaxy Note Ripper already has a profile patch (Windows Only) with the best video format for Galaxy Note. All you need to do is to download and install the program (free for trial), Foxreal DVD Ripper and the Profile Patch with Galaxy Note format here.
1. Install the DVD to Galaxy Note Converter, DVD Ripper and profile patch on your Windows PC, or DVD Ripper for Mac on your Mac computer.
2. Run the program and insert the DVD to your DVD drive.
3. Click the DVD button to import the DVD videos to the program. You can also convert videos from DVD folder and DVD ISO/IFO to Galaxy Note by clicking the DVD folder button or DVD IFO/ISO button to import files.
4. Choose the main title which is the true DVD movie. You can uncheck all and tick the longest title. If you selected multiple chapters or titles, and would like to get only one file, you can tick Merge into one file on program main interface to join the files into one for Galaxy Note.
5. You can also choose Subtitles, Audio, Angle or forced subtitles for the output video for Galaxy Note. This is optional.
6. Besides, you can choose the output format for Galaxy Note. As long as you have install the profile patch, you can get Samsung Galaxy Note format under both Android and Samsung categories.
7. For Mac users, please choose H.264 Video under Common Video category and click settings to set parameters as in following picture.
What format is best for Samsung Galaxy Note?
Here are the Galaxy Note specs from its official site which shows full screen requires a size (pix) of 1280*800, and the best quality requires a size (pix) of 1920*1080 (1080p). You must set higher video bitrate if choosing 1920*1080 as output size, or the video quality won’t be as good as you expected. A recommended bitrate should be original, or 1500 and above. The higher bitrate, the slower conversion speed, and the bigger output file size.
5.3” WXGA (1280 x 800) screen*
HD Super AMOLED
1080p Full HD video recording & playback
Codec: MPEG4/ H.263/ H.264/ DivX, Xvid, WMV, VC-1
Codec: MP3, AAC, AMR, WMA, WAV, FLAC, OGG
Music Player with SoundAlive
3.5mm Ear Jack, Stereo FM Radio with RDS
For audio only output, you can use MP3 format under Common Audio category so that you can enjoy the DVD music on your Galaxy Note.
8. Other than conversion features, you can also click Edit button to trim off unwanted period from the DVD movie like movie beginning or movie end; crop off black bars on the DVD, enlarge output volume, etc.
9. After all settings, you can click Convert button to start ripping/ compressing/ decoding/ converting the DVD to Galaxy Note format. And then you can find the converted files by clicking Open button on main interface.
At last, transfer the DVD movies to Samsung Galaxy Note, and you can enjoy the DVD movies on Samsung Galaxy Note on your trip or anywhere.
Here are some more tips that may help you well enjoying any different types of videos on Samsung Galaxy Note.
You may be interested in more tips regarding a similar Smartphone, Samsung Galaxy S II.