What is a Digital Copy?
A Digital Copy is an extra copy of the movie you bought on Blu-ray™/DVD disc that enables you to download or stream your movie to a computer, mobile device, or Internet-connected TV, Blu-ray™ player or set top box. If your Blu-ray™ Disc or DVD has the "Digital Copy" logo on the back it will have either a Digital Copy disc inside of the box or a link to a Digital Copy web site.
Why should digital copies not play on Galaxy Note 10.1?
Like iTunes and Amazon movie purchases, digital copies are protected by DRM (Digital Rights Management). When you transfer Blu-ray/DVD digital copy movies to PC, the movies get validated so that your computer is authorized to play the contents. Your Android tablet, however, will not play digital copies because of lacking authorization. In order to play digital copies on Android device like Galaxy Note 10.1, you can get a DRM removal tool that converts digital copies to free MP4 video.
DRM Removal Tool
How to convert digital copy movies to Galaxy Note 10.1?
In the first place, transfer digital copy movies to computer in either .wmv or .m4v format. Then get the above mentioned DRM removal tool and follow these steps to convert DRM video to free MP4:
Step 1. Run ChewTune, drag and drop digital copy movie to the software.
Step 2. Select a Galaxy Note 10.1 friendly format for conversion. Here we suggest you click the “Format” bar, and choose “Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Video (*.mp4) under “Samsung” column.
Step 3. Click the big Convert button to transfer Digital Copy to Galaxy Note 10.1 supported videos.
Step 4. After conversion you can click on “Open” button to locate target file and transfer movies to Galaxy Note 10.1.
ChewTune User tips:
1. There are also optimized format for Kindle Fire HD, Google Nexus 7/10, Eee Pad Transformer Xoom, HP Touch Pad, Acer Iconia Tab, etc. Basically the “Common Video”>> “Common video for Android and Apple Devices (*.mp4)” is a universal format for tablets and smartphones if you can’t find preset for your device.
2. The software must be used on an authorized computer, i.e. when a DRM movie is playable on your computer, you can convert it, and otherwise the software will not convert the movie.
3. Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6 later operation system is preferred.
4. If you’re converting Digital Copy movies from iTunes Store, better set iTunes not remember position before converting movies. Here’s way to go:
Launch iTunes, and switch to “Movies” under LIBRARY. Select the videos you’d like to convert, right click on them, and select “Get Info”.
Switch to “Options” tab, find “Remember position” and select “No” from its drop-down list. Click “OK” to confirm.
5. iTunes should be set to 32 bit when working on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.