If you can't wait until early 2013 for Surface Pro, there are many Windows 8 slates headed your way with x86 processors such as the Samsung Series 5 Slate, Lenovo IdeaTab Lynx, Acer Iconia W510 and W700, or the Microsoft’s first own tablet - Surface RT.
All these Windows 8 tablet, however, are not equipped with DVD drive or support to ISO image file. This means your DVD movies must be encoded to compatible Windows 8 RT compatible format before you can watch them on the Windows RT tablet(s). In this guide, we show you how to convert DVD/ISO/IFO to MP4 for using on Windows 8 Surface RT tablet.
Required Tool: Pavtube DVD Ripper for Windows 8 Surface RT
Download free trial for testing
Let’s have a closer look at the basic steps.
1. Run Pavtube DVD to Windows 8 Surface RT Converter, and click “IFO/ISO” button to browse and import the ISO/IFO file that you want to convert for viewing on Windows 8 Surface RT.
2. Highlight the movie title you want to rip, and then you can click the dropdown menu after “Subtitles” and “Audio” respectively to select your wanted subs and audio track to be preserved in the resulted MP4 files.
3. Choose "Windows > Microsoft Surface Windows RT H.264 Video (*.mp4)" as target format from pull down format presets. If the current version you are using does not have Windows 8 Surface RT profile, you can go to profile patches page to download a patch.
4. Click “Settings” button to configure file quality for Windows 8 Surface RT. After entering “Profile Settings” panel, you are allowed to adjust video and audio parameters such as bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and more.
The recommended video settings for Windows 8 Surface RT:
Size (pix): 1366*768
Bitrate (kbps): 2500
Frame Rate (fps): original
Sample Rate (hz): 44100
If you prefer a much better video quality and don’t mind the output file size, you can rise the video bit rate higher than 1500. Generally speaking, the higher video bit rate will result in the larger output file size, and vice versa.
5. Click “Convert” button to start DVD ISO/IFO to Windows 8 Surface RT Conversion. As soon as the conversion is done, you can click “Open” button to get the generated MP4 files and transfer them to your device for playback with ease.
For people who also want to rip Blu-rays and convert MKV, MTS, MPG, TS videos to Surface RT, the money-saving bundle Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate is the best choice