“Can someone please explain step by step how I transfer my already downloaded digital copy movies in iTunes and transfer them over to Nabi 2 kid’s tablet? I’d like to put some Disney movies to the tab so that my son can watch them on road trip…”
iTunes is specifically designed to only work with apple products. However, assuming the file format is supported (and non-protected), you could simply connect to your PC via USB, and simply drag and drop onto your tablet. Yet the real issue is the DRM protection. iTunes downloaded movies and TV shows has the DRM protection which prevent users watch these videos on other incompatible devices - Android tablets and smartphones, for example.
The Digital copies downloaded to iTunes, unexpectedly, are also DRM-protected and thus work with iOS devices only. To watch DRM Movies from iTunes on Nabi kid tablet or other Android slab, you have to strip DRM first. Follow this tutorial to get itunes DRM movies stripped and encoded for playing on nabi 2/nabi original tablet.
Prepare for DRM stripping of iTunes movies and digital copies
Get this DRM removal tool installed on you computer.
Open iTunes and set it not to remember playback position:
1. Launch iTunes, and switch to “Movies” LIBRARY.
2. Select the videos you’d like to convert, right click on them, and select “Get Info”.
3. Switch to “Options” tab, find “Remember position” and select “No” from its drop-down list. Click “OK” to confirm.
How to Strip and Convert iTunes .m4v movies to Nabi 2 optimized video
1. Drag and drop the movies from iTunes Movie Library to the Pavtube ChewTune. Or you may click “Add” button on the main interface to import iTunes movies.
2. Click “Format” and select an output format for the Nabi 2. There are three codecs that are supported by nabi: MPEG-4, H.263, and H.264. Here you’re advised to choose, choose “Common Video >> H.264 Video (*.mp4)” as output format.
3. To further custom the profile for best effect you can click "Settings" and set video/audio parameters as it shows below:
Video codec – H.264
Size - 1024 x 600pix (exactly as the resolution of nabi 2 and thus plays best effect)
Bitrate – 1500kbps (for better quality set 2000kbps or above, for smaller size set lower bitrate)
Frame rate – 29.97fps
Audio codec – AAC
Sample Rate – 48000hz
Bitrate – 96000bps
Channels - Stereo
3. Click “Convert” to DRM-free iTunes movies. The conversion proceeds as iTunes plays the movies. So DO NOT turn off iTunes until the conversion is completed.
4. When conversion completes, click “Open” to locate the DRM-free movies. Now you’re ready to get the converted iTunes movies onto Nabi 2.
How to transfer converted iTunes movies to nabi 2 tablet
1. Plug the Micro USB cable from your computer to nabi.
2. A dialog box should appear asking you what you want to do with the new hardware. Select Open Device to View Files. If the box does not show up, you can go to Start Menu > My Computer and double click Removable Disk "No Name.”
3. Next, look for “Movies” folder, or create your own to organize the files you are saving on nabi. Select the files you would like to transfer from your computer by dragging and dropping movies into the folder.
4. Once all files have been transferred, safely remove your device: Click Safely Remove Hardware on the bottom right side of your computer screen, then click USB Mass Storage > Stop.
5. When the DRM-free movies are copied to Nabi 2, you’re free to play them. Open the movies by going to the Gallery app on your nabi.