Maybe you’ve noticed some announced Blu-ray movies include a “Digital Copy” for download onto portable devices like video iPads and iPhones. When you insert the Digital Copy Disc in your computer, you’ll typically get an auto-loader for the movie, and it will give you the ability to transfer a DVD resolution copy of the movie to your computer after you entering the access code coming with the Blu-ray packages. The movies are in one of two DRM-laden formats: iTunes MPEG4, or Windows Media Player WMV.
Watch Blu-ray/DVD Digital Copy movies to Google Nexus 10
“Could I transfer this movie version to my son’s Google Nexus 10? Or to my computer via the media center?”
Unfortunately you can not watch digital copy movies to Google Nexus 10. Film makers use DRM (Digital Right Managemet) to protect their copy-right. DRM is a technology used by content providers to control how the digital music and video files you obtain from them are used and distributed. This prevents you from watching the movies with an unauthorized media player or portable device.
If you try to make Blu-ray or DVD digital copy movies work with your Google Nexus 10, you will have to hack DRM and rip the digital copies into MP4 format for Google Nexus 10. You can use Pavtube to do this. The following guide introduces the basic steps.
Best DRM removal too for Nexus 10
Pavtube ChewTube - this program aims to help you make movies and music purchased through online stores free for different uses. It is good at handling iTunes movies, Amazon videos as well as Digital Copy movies included with Blu-ray and DVD movies.
The current version of ChewTune may not contain Google Nexus 10 profile, and you can download a patch for best settings.
Step-by-step instruction: how to download digital copy movies to Google Nexus 10?
1. Run Pavtube ChewTune as a Digital Copy to Google Nexus 10 Converter. Click “Add video” button to import digital copy files.
2. After you install the profile patch, click “Format” and select an output format for the Google Nexus 10. Here I choose “Android>> Google Nexus 10 H.264 Video (*.mp4)”.
If you're running Mac (without patch), you can choose Nexus 7 format and custom the profile for Nexus 10 by clicking "Settings" and set video/audio parameters as it shows below:
Tips: If you wanna get much better image quality, you can set the video bite rate higher than 1500. But notice that the output file size will vary based on video bit rate. In general, the higher video bit rate, the larger output file size, and vice versa.
3. Click “Convert” button to start Digital Copy to Google Nexus 10 video conversion.
4. When the conversion task is finished, you can click “Open” button to get the final output files for your Google Nexus 10 and transfer the converted videos to Google Nexus 10.
1. This program cannot convert unplayable files (damaged, unauthorized, etc.).
2. The DRM removing process may mislead your anti-virus software to falsely report virus/worm. Please ignore the report to keep on ripping.