The HP TouchPad comes in 16 GB and 32 GB for internal storage space and is priced similarly to the iPad 2. And the HP tablet features webOS 3, has Adobe Flash-enabled web browsing, 1.2 GHz dual-core Snapdragon, WiFi and features BeatsAudio.
Want to transfer your recorded TV shows from your TiVo box to your computer? Plan to backup a lot of TV recordings for watching with the HP TouchPad to kill your boring time? Okay. You are in the right place. Here the article mainly show you a good solution to transfer and play TV shows (*.tivo) on the HP TouchPad.
Part One: Transfer TV recordings from TiVo box to your PC.
To start, please ensure you have installed TiVo Desktop Software on your computer, and your TiVo box is connected to your home network.
1. Launch TiVo Desktop on your computer.
2. Click "Pick Recordings to Transfer" A window showing your TiVo box's "Now Playing" or "My Shows" list appears. If you have more than one TiVo box in your home network, their names appear in a pull-down list. Select the box that has the show you want to transfer.
Note: Shows that cannot be transferred due to copy protection restrictions are marked with a red circle slash.
3. Highlight any title in the list to see more information about the show - the same show information you have on your TiVo box.
4. Check the box next to the title of the show (or shows) you want to transfer.
5. Click "Start Transfer" While transferring shows, TiVo Desktop displays the status and the time remaining. Click "Transfer Status" to view details of transfers in progress. Transfer times vary, but may take as long as the show's duration (i.e., up to one hour for a one hour show) to complete the transfer.
Note: If the show is part of a series, the "Auto-Transfer this Series" button .
6. Shows you transfer to your computer are listed in TiVo Desktop's "Now Playing List". To reach the "Now Playing List" click "TiVo Recordings" .
7. To watch a show, select any title from the list (even one that's still transferring) and click "Play" Your computer's default media player (in most cases, Windows Media Player) starts automatically. Refer to your media player's instructions for more about playing recordings.
(Original from: http://www.tivo.com/mytivo/howto/record-once-watch-anywhere/howto_transfer_shows_pc.html)
Part Two: Transcode TiVo TV shows to HP TouchPad supported video format.
As you know, TV shows in TiVo format can not be watched on the HP TouchPad. In order to view them on your TouchPad, you have to transcode and convert TiVo videos to H.264/MPEG-4 MP4, H.263 or other TouchPad supported videos. Foxreal TouchPad Video Converter will do the conversion job for you.
Step 1: Run Foxreal Video Converter as the perfect TiVo to TouchPad Converter on your PC, and then add your transferred TV shows into it.
(Notice: Enter the Media Access Key of your TiVo recordings into the "Open < TiVo" of the program to quickly import your TiVo recordings.)
Step 2: Select the best video format for HP TouchPad.
Click on "Format < iPad < iPad 2 Video(*.mp4)" to get the optimized video preset for iPad 2 that also can be watched on the HP TouchPad with excellent quality. (Or, you can download Video Converter Patch here. After that, you could easily get the video profile preset for the HP TouchPad by clicking on "Format < Mobile Device < HP TouchPad(*.mp4)".)
(Tip: You can click on "Settings" to open the editor window where you could easily improve and perfect your recorded video files. At the same time, you are able to adjust the sound level of your TV shows to meet your needs.)
Step 3: Transcode TiVo to H.264 MP4 conversion for HP TouchPad by clicking on "Convert" on the main interface of the easy TiVo to HP TouchPad H.264 Converter.
Part Three: Copy and watch TV shows on HP TouchPad.
Once getting the converted TiVo files from the default output folder, you can quickly copy them from your PC to your HP TouchPad by using a USB cable. After all the movie files are transferred onto the device, you could watch them on the go.
(Tip: The guide on how to copy movie files from PC to HP TouchPad will do a favor for you.)
That's all! Hope the tutorial of watching TiVo recordings on HP TouchPad helps!
Convert MKV/VOB/WMV to TouchPad | Rip/Play DVD Movies on TouchPad | Convert/Watch Blu-ray Movies on TouchPad | Play MKV Videos on TouchPad | Convert/Play VOB Movies on TouchPad | Convert/Play AVI Videos on TouchPad | Move/Play MOV Movies on HP TouchPad | Transfer/Watch WMV Videos on HP TouchPad | Copy/Play MPEG Files on HP TouchPad | Watch DVD IFO/ISO Movies on HP TouchPad