WLMP file extension is the Movie project file created by Windows Live Movie Maker, a program that allows users to create their own movies and slideshows; contains movie transitions, music, and effects as well as links to digital photos or videos.
WLMP files are used to create personal videos for sharing with friends and family. They can be exported to .WMV files, published to YouTube, and burned to DVDs.
NOTE: WLMP files are not video files. They are project files used to create videos.
When you save a project in Windows Movie Maker, it does not export your video. This file is still dependent on the original source files and cannot be played and watched. Follow the steps below to create a common video:
- Open your video project in Windows Movie Maker.
- Click on 'Publish Movie'.
- Select 'Export to File' and choose the file size and quality of the video you would like.
- Wait for the video to be exported. This may take a few minutes if you have a short movie and a fast computer. It may need to export overnight if you have a long movie or a slow computer.
- When it is done, the exported video should be in the extension of .wmv. You are able to transfer it to your mobile devices for playback or publish to online video sites.
Besides, you can also use Foxreal Video Converter to convert exported WMV video to FLV or any other format to meet your demand. Simply add the source WMV file and choose the output profile. Then, click Convert button.
Hope this article How to convert WLMP file to WMV helps. Thanks for reading.