Why, you may wonder, are some Blu-ray and DVD combos come with digital copies? This is because the Blu-ray Discs and DVDs are copy-protected and can not be transferred to your computer. Digital copy extends the enjoyment of your DVD or Blu-ray purchase by allowing you keep a compressed copy of the movie on computer hard drive and play it as you like.
Usually your Digital Copy is available on a disc included with your purchase or available on the internet. You may transfer your physical "Digital Copy" to your PC or Mac computer, or redeem your Digital Copy from specified website. When a Digital Copy movie is downloaded to Windows PC, you can watch it on that computer using Windows Media Player and transfer that file to mobile devices that supports Windows DRM media contents, for instance, ZuneHD. When a Digital Copy movie is downloaded to your Mac, you can watch it on that computer using iTunes and transfer that file to an iOS device (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad) for mobile viewing of your movie.
Despite that digital copy can be put onto certain mobile devices, it does not work with Android OS. This means you can’t watch a digital copy movie on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 as you do with an iPhone 5. The reason is easy to understand – Digital copies are protected and thus will not play on Android smartphones. If you’re an Android fan and feel unsatisfied with the limitation, follow the below guide to free your digital copies from the troublesome protections.
How to watch Digital Copy movies on Samsung Galaxy Note II
1. Transfer Digital Copy movies to your computer (PC or Mac)
2. Get the following DRM Video Converter installed
3. Follow the steps to get rid of the protections:
Step 1. Run Pavtube ChewTune, click “Add” button on the main interface to Digital Copy movies, or you may drag and drop the movies to the software.
Step 2. Click “Format” and select an output format for playing on Galaxy Note 2. Choose “Samsung Galaxy Note Video (*.mp4)” under “Samsung” column.
Step 3. Click “Convert” to create DRM-free Digital Copy movies. The conversion proceeds as Windows Media Player or iTunes plays the movies in background. So DO NOT turn off the player until conversion completes.
1. When converting digital copy movies from iTunes M4V, you need to set iTunes not to remember playback position beforehand.
2. If you’re running Chewtune on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, iTunes must be set to 32 bit.
4. When conversion completes, click “Open” to locate the DRM-free movies and transfer DRM-free Digital Copy movies to Galaxy Note 2 via USB connection.