This is the time of year that everyone one is busy and everything seems to get delayed. After about a month’s delay, and the reports of a Wi-Fi problem on the Asus Transformer Prime, Asus has finally confirmed to several sources that Asus Transformer Prime will be released the week of December 19, 2011. Those who have preorders will then get the tech toy on the Christmas week.
Anyway, better late than never, the Asus Transformer Prime tablet, the world’s first tablet with quad-core Tegra 3 processor is still one of the best tablets released in 2011. And as it’s announced, the tablet plays 720P, 1080P HD videos, and has super long battery life at about 12 hours without dock and 18 hours with dock playing 720P videos. Although it’s not mentioned on its official site what specific video format is supported by Asus Transformer Prime, MP4 H.264 HD video is your best choice to play on the tablet, because that’s the best format for Tegra processor and Android native video player. If you have plenty of source videos in AVI/WMV/MOV/M2TS/MTS/MKV/TIVO format from camcorders, websites, TIVO TV etc., and would like to watch those HD videos on your Asus Transformer Prime, a HD video converter for Transformer Prime is needed, and Pavtube Video Converter/ Pavtube Video Converter for Mac is in help.
This program has both Windows and Mac versions and both of which can convert AVI/WMV/MOV/M2TS/MTS/MKV/TIVO to Asus Transformer Prime with the best video format.
Easy steps to convert AVI/WMV/MOV/M2TS/MTS/MKV/TIVO HD video to Asus Transformer Prime TF201
1. Import the AVI/WMV/MOV/M2TS/MTS/MKV/TIVO HD videos to the best video converter for Asus Transformer Prime or best Mac video converter for Asus Transformer Prime. For TIVO videos, you must insert Media Access Key under Tivo tab in Options Window by clicking the Gear button on main interface.
2. Select Asus Transformer Prime format.
For Windows users, please install the profile patch and find the format under Android category in Format box.
For Mac users, please select H.264 Video under Common Video category and refer to settings in Note 1.
3. Edit the HD video for Asus Transformer Prime (Optional). You can trim off unwanted periods, crop off black bars, enlarge volume, deinterlace, and more.
4. Click Convert button to start converting the AVI/WMV/MOV/M2TS/MTS/MKV/TIVO HD videos to Asus Transformer Prime. You can set the computer to shut down after conversion.
5. Click Open button program main interface and find converted AVI/WMV/MOV/M2TS/MTS/MKV/TIVO files.
6. Transfer the converted AVI/WMV/MOV/M2TS/MTS/MKV/TIVO HD videos to Asus Transformer Prime via USB cable, or SD card.
And then you can enjoy watching any HD videos on Transformer Prime.
1. Asus Transformer Prime format setting:
For Mac users, you can select H.264 Video under Common Video. And click Settings button to set the parameters as below:
For full screen or 720P HD playback on Asus Transformer Prime
For 1080P full HD video playback on Asus Transformer Prime
Bitrate: 2000 to 4000kbps
Framerate: 25 to 30 fps
Please note, the higher video bitrate, the better video quality, but the larger output file size, and the lower conversion speed.
2. For Windows users with NVidia graphic card, if your graphic card is much better than your processor, you can highlight the CUDA button on program main interface to enable graphic card acceleration. The conversion speed will be up to 5 times faster.
3. Other than helping you watch HD videos Asus Transformer Prime TF201, Pavtube can also help you enjoy Digital copy videos, iTunes video, Blu-ray and DVD movies on Asus Transformer Prime in following ways.