Windows RT is clearly inspired by the iPad and it’s no coincidence that its restrictions mirror Apple’s. Windows RT will be available on tablets starting with Microsoft's own Windows RT Surface and covering over majority PC brands. We’ll have ASUS Vivo Tab, Vivo Tab RT, Samsung ATIV Tab, Series 5, Series 7, Dell Latitude 10, Lenovo ThinkPad 2 and even more Window 8 RT tablets in the upcoming months.
The Windows Surface RT tablet is reported to be able to play HD video continuously for about 8 to 13 hours at screen brightnesses of 200 nits. However, Windows RT does not include Windows Media Player. And many popular video formats are not supported by the Windows RT player. For better enjoying movies and footage on Windows RT tablet, it’s necessary to get some additional video processing tools like this one –Video DVD Converter, which converts all kinds of videos into Window RT tablet supported media. You can drag MKV, AVI, MTS, M2TS, TiVo, MPG, WMV, MOV, VOB, TS, DVR and many other videos to the software and easily convert them to desired format.
How to convert incompatible videos to Windows RT tablet
If your video does not play on Windows 8 tablet, it could be in unsupported format or very big file size. The Video DVD Converter is also a good tool for converting and compressing HD videos. Follow the steps below for Windows 8 video conversion.
1. Run the Video DVD Converter. Drag and drop source videos to the program.
2. When videos are loaded successfully, press on the Format bar and choose WMV or MP4 format to convert videos into. There's a customized preset for Microsft Surface RT tablet, which also works on other Windows 8 tablet. Just follow "Windows > Microsoft Surface Windows RT H.264 Video (*.mp4)" to use it.
3. To further compress HD MKV/AVI/MTS/M2TS videos, you may press “Settings” and change the audio/video parameters. The task info shows estimated sizes of each file. Generally the lower bitrate you use, the smaller the output video is, and the less space it takes.
4. Press the big Convert button to convert/compress HD videos to Windows 8 tab supported video.
After conversion you just connect the Windows 8 tablet to PC and copy videos to the slab. Here's a guide showing how to transfer videos to Windows 8 tablet.
Like any other slabs, Windows RT tablets do not have DVD drive. With the Video DVD Converter, you can rip DVD to Windows RT compatible videos on PC and then transfer the converted movies to Windows RT tablet for watching.
How to rip a DVD for playing on Windows RT tablets
1. Install the Video DVD Converter on your computer (Window 7, Vista, XP, etc).
2. Insert a DVD to the optical drive. And then start up the software.
3. Press load icon to crack copy protection and import DVD movie.
4. When the DVD is loaded, choose the main movie, and set subtitle language if necessary.
5. Press on the Format bar. Now choose a format that you’d like to export. For Window 8 tablet it’s better to use WMV/MP4 format under “Common Video”.
6. Press the big Convert button to rip DVD to Windows 8 RT supported video.