As it claimed, iPad 2 can only play certain video format, such as H.264/MPEG-4 MP4, MOV, M4V. There are various videos in the WMV format which can't be played back by Apple iPad 2. If you just have some WMV video files and attempt to put them on iPad 2 for watching, the first thing you should do is to convert WMV to iPad 2 supported video file H.264 or MPEG4. Then you could transfer the converted files onto iPad 2 via iTunes for playing.
How to convert WMV to MP4 for iPad 2? Below is to show you detailed instructures of converting and putting WMV onto iPad 2 in a simple method by using Foxreal Video Converter (or Foxreal Video Converter for Mac). It enables you to convert HD WMV/WMV videos to H.264/MPEG-4 MP4/MOV/M4V format in high quality.
The step-by-step guide:
Step 1: Run Foxreal Video Converter as the perfect WMV to iPad 2 Converter, and then load your WMV files into it.
Step 2: Choose iPad 2 supported video format
Click on "Format < iPad" to quickly choose your wanted output format for Apple iPad 2, like iPad Video H.264 (*.mp4), iPad HD Video (*.mp4), iPad Video H.264 (*.mp4) or iPad Video MPEG-4 (*.mp4). The iPad Video H.264 (*.mp4) with 768x576 resolution at 30 fps file is recommended here, which can output H.264 MP4 video format for iPad 2 in high definition quality for full screen display with ease.
1) Check "Merge into one file" to join several WMV video clips into only one for playing on iPad 2 without interruptions.
2) Click on "Settings" to adjust settings paramters such as bitrate, frame rate, codec, etc to get the output video quality you need with ease. For instance, you can set Size (pix) as 1024x768 to fit the iPad 2's screen display.
Step 3: Start WMV/HD WMV to H.264 MP4 conversion for iPad 2 by clicking on "Convert" on the main interface of the faster WMV to MP4 for iPad 2 Converter.
Step 4: Transfer the converted .mp4 files into iPad 2
1) Make sure you have install iTunes. If not, you can free download iTunes here : http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ at first. And launch the iTunes.
2) Connect iPad 2 to Mac/PC.
3) Choose "File - > Add File to Library…"
4) Drag the .mp4 file you want to the iPad 2 icon
After putting the converted .wmv files on iPad 2, you could freely enjoy them wherever you go. Or you can stream the video from iPad 2 to your Apple TV for playing wirelessly.
That's all! Hope the guide on converting WMV to H.264 MP4 for iPad 2 helps!
Put/Play 1080p HD Movies on iPad 2 | Play Blu-ray/DVD Main Movie on iPad 2
Transfer/Play MKV Movies on iPad 2 | Stream DVD to iPad
Videos from iPad/iPhone to Mac | Stream Blu-ray/DVD to iPad
Enjoy Blu-ray Movies on iPad | Stream iPad Video to Apple TV
Convert Movie to iPad | VOB to iPad | AVI to iPad
' Convert Video to iPod Touch 4 | Convert Video to iPhone 4
Convert Video to Apple TV | Transfer Video to iPad | FOX to iPad
YouTube to iPad | Yahoo Video to iPod Touch 4
1080p/720p HD MKV to iPad 2 | Convert 720p MKV to MP4 for iPad 2