The Sony PlayStation Portable (Sony PSP) has already become one of the most popular hand-held game platform. With the portable device, you can easily game and view movies and videos. Now, the Sony PSP can play various audio files, like MP3, WMA, etc but limited video files MP4.
Well. The guide will describe a good method of playing QuickTime MOV video, AVI, WMV, MKV, AVCHD MTS/M2TS, etc on PSP via the best Foxreal Video to PSP Converter. It supports every video to PSP conversion, like MOV to PSP, MTS to PSP, MKV to PSP, MXF to PSP and more with its original video quality.
Detailed steps on how to convert video to PSP via Foxreal Video Converter:
Step 2: Load video files into the video to PSP converter.
Click to import videos into this program. The input video formats include TiVo, MKV, MOV (QuickTime), AVCHD MTS/M2TS, AVI, WMV, FLV, F4V, MXF, EVO, and more.
Step 3: Select PSP compatible format.
In the “Format” drop-down list, you can easily choose the wanted PSP video/audio format. For instance, you can choose “PSP/PS3 - > PSP MPEG-4 Video Excellent Quality (*.mp4)” for your PSP.
Step 4: Customize output settings.
If you want to get better video quality you like, the “Settings” button will do a favor for you. After clicking the button, you can view the Profile Settings window where you can adjust bitrate, frame rate, codec, sample rate, resolution and so on. Please note that the larger bitrate, the bigger file size while the better video quality.
Tip: Check “Merge into one file”, you can combine/join video clips into a single one.
Step 5: Convert video to MP4 for PSP.
As long as the necessary settings are completed, you are allowed to start the video to PSP conversion by clicking “Convert” button. Even batch conversion is also supported by this PSP encoding software.
Step 6: Transfer/copy videos to PSP.
Once the conversion job is done, you can transfer video to PSP via the following way:
If your PSP firmware version is below V3.0, just follow these steps:
1) Create a folder name “MP_ROOT” in PSP memory stick.
2) Inside that folder create an “100MNV01” folder, and a “100ANV01” folder.
3) Rename your MP4 file with this format “M4VXXXXX.mp4”, rename the thumbnail with this format “M4VXXXXX. thm”, and the XXXXX are five random numbers you like.
4) Save your MP4 video in the “100MNV01” folder. If it’s AVC video, save it in the “100ANV01” folder.
If your PSP firmware version is above V3.0, you need follow the steps:
1) Create a folder named “MP_ROOT” in PSP memory stick.
2) Inside that folder create a “Video” folder.
3) Copy your MP4 file to this folder.