When you buy a DVD or Blu-Ray, usually you receive a digital version of the movie- known as Digital Copy. Some DVDs or Blu Rays include a Digital Copy disc and redemption code, others include a Digital Copy redemption code and do not require a Digital Copy disc to download the movie. Digital Copy enables buyers of DVD and Blu‑ray to receive the standard definition digital version of the movie in their choice of iTunes or Windows Media formats. For the Windows Media version, you can only transfer your Digital Copy to your computer once. After you transfer the movie to your computer, you can then transfer the movie to your compatible portable device. For the iTunes version, standard iTunes usage rules apply.
Generally, Digital Copy is a fast and easy way to enjoy your favorite movies, anytime, anywhere on your PC, Mac, or compatible portable device. However, the Google Nexus 4 is not a listed compatible portable device. To bring a Digital Copy of your movies on the go, you need an iPhone or Windows phone, which is granted to play digital copy contents. None of the Android smartphones can play digital copy movies directly, but there’s way for you to get around with the restriction. With DRM removal tool ChewTune, you can convert digital copy to free video that plays on any device you like. Below shows you how to get BD/DVD Digital Copy ready for Google Nexus 4 to play back:
Step-by-step instruction: how to download digital copy movies to Google Nexus 4?
1. Download/Transfer digital copy movie to your computer. The Digital Copy is located on a stand-alone disc and is Mac & PC compatible.
2. Get DRM removal tool installed on your PC/Mac:
If the downloaded version of ChewTune may not contain Google Nexus 4 profile, you can download a patch for best settings.
3. Run Pavtube ChewTune as a Digital Copy to Google Nexus 4 Converter. Click “Add video” button to import digital copy files.
4. After you install the profile patch, click “Format” and select an output format for the Google Nexus 4. Here I choose “Android>> Google Nexus 4 H.264 Video (*.mp4)”.
When running Mac (without patch), you can choose Nexus 7 format. If you wanna get much better image quality, you can click "Settings" and set the video bite rate higher than 1500. But notice that the output file size will vary based on video bit rate. In general, the higher video bit rate, the larger output file size, and vice versa.
5. Click “Convert” button to start Digital Copy to Google Nexus 4 video conversion.
6. When the conversion task is finished, you can click “Open” button to get the final output files for your Google Nexus 4 and transfer the converted videos to Google Nexus 4.
1. This program cannot convert unplayable files (damaged, unauthorized, etc.).
2. The DRM removing process may mislead your anti-virus software to falsely report virus/worm. Please ignore the report to keep on converting DRM video.
3. When converting digital copy movie from iTunes library, you need to set iTunes not to remember playback position.