Drag & Drop—USB Wired Transfer music and HD video contents to Galaxy Note 10.1
Works for: Music, photos, recorded HD videos, other files—non-DRM protected content only
Why this way is great: This method is great when you’re used to working with files and folders or just have a few files that you want to move to Galaxy Note 10.1.
Requirements: USB Cable that shipped with your Galaxy Note 10.1 or a USB Cable that fits both your computer and Galaxy Note 10.1.
Step-by-step Instructions transferring HD contents to Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1:
1. Attach your Galaxy Note 10.1 to your computer (PC or Mac) using the USB cable. If this is the first time you’ve connected your GT Note 10.1 tab to your computer, it will install the necessary drivers on your computer.
2. On your Galaxy Note 10.1, touch Applications > Settings > Wireless and network > USB utilities.
3. Remove the USB cable from you Galaxy Note 10.1.
4. On your Galaxy Note 10.1 touch “Connect storage to PC.” You will see a warning: “USB utilities / Connect USB cable to use mass storage.” Insert the USB cable into your Galaxy Note 10.1 while the message is still on the screen. Do not touch “Cancel.”
5. The screen will change to “USB mass storage” with a picture of a green Android and a message that says “USB connected.” Touch “Connect USB storage” at the bottom.
6. Your Galaxy Note 10.1 is now connected to your computer. The GT Note 10.1 tab’s internal storage will appear on your computer as an external drive. If you also have a microSD card installed, this will show up as a second external drive.
7. You can now drag and drop files directly from your computer or iTunes to your GT Note 10.1 tab. You can create folders on your GT Note 10.1 tab as necessary to organize your files. Your GT Note 10.1 tab will automatically index these files and make them available in your media player.
Tip: to better organize 720P/1080P videos, music and pictures on your device, you may also sync HD contents to Galaxy Note 10.1 via Samsung Kies.
8. IMPORTANT NOTE FOR MAC USERS: Before you disconnect your GT Note 10.1 tab from your Mac, you must eject the disks on your Mac, just as you would eject any disk or flash drive. After the drives have been ejected, touch “Disconnect storage from PC” on your Galaxy Note 10.1.
9. When you’ve moved all of the files you need to, disconnect the USB cable.
More Galaxy Note 10.1 video solutions:
- Convert 1080p videos and movies to H.264 MP4 for Galaxy Note 10.1 on Windows/Mac computer
- Is it Possible to watch iTunes movies on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1?
- How to Put Digital Copy movies to Galaxy Note 10.1 for playback?
- Convert 1080p Blu-ray to H.264 MP4 video for Galaxy Note 10.1
- Stream DVD ISO movies to Galaxy Note 10.1- Convert DVD ISO for Allshare streaming
- TiVo Converter - How to convert TiVo to Galaxy Note 10.1 Playable Video
- Transfer professional camera recording 1080p videos to Galaxy Note 10.1